Nira Control takes its customers to higher grounds. You find Nira Control in battery-powered trains, trucks, critical backup gen-sets, diesel-powered outboards, and super sports cars. The employees at "Nira" love powertrain control systems, electronic design, software design, advanced calibration, industrialization project management, and engine control strategies for Diesel, Methanol, Hydrogen, CNG, Electric, etc.. Nira Control is growing rapidly and right now they need more Engineering nerds! Are you the one that has good knowledge and genuine interest in both hardware and software development or just one? Either way, Nira needs you!
About the company
1985, Mats Dahlgren and Nils Jönsson founded Nira Automotive. Their specialty was electronic control systems for the automotive industry and for demanding industrial applications. At the beginning of the 90s, the close cooperation with Volvo AB and Volvo motorsports resulted in a partnership where Volvo Technology Transfer (VTT) became the majority owner. "Nira" were organized in business areas, the plans for the different business areas was to enforce development and to create positive spin-offs. 2006, Nira Control AB acquired assets from VTT to continue the path on their own to maintain a leading role in flexible engine management systems.
Projects and products have since then evolved to include advanced electronic control units for diesel engines, natural gas engines, electric motors and vehicle data networks with customers ranging from start-ups to global industrial companies. Since 2010, Johan Gustafsson is the CEO and Tomas Kjellberg CTO. Mats and Nils are still co-owners and active board members. 2021 is an expanding phase with both new products and new customers.
What your assignments are
In terms of Software, "Nira" is looking for engineers with a keen interest to create software models. You are going to work with customers and applications thru out the world, but the main market today is the EU, US, India, and Great Britain. You will help your customers from specification via prototyping, certification to mass production.
Example of work tasks:
- Develop specifications in collaboration with HW- and Application engineers
- Implement functionality in C-code/Simulink models or C#
- Develop and perform functionality tests during the development cycle both in the lab and on customer application
- Make SW releases
- Document strategies (software design descriptions, handbooks, etc.)
- Responsible for delivering agreed product on time with the correct scope
To be a successful Software Engineer at Nira Control you must have an interest in getting to know your clients and the clients’ applications. Working “hands on” validating the systems. Sometimes it’s advantageous to meet up with the clients to implement the products which means that travelling is expected.
Who you are
- 10+ years of experience within Automotive Technology
- Have a relevant university degree e.g. within computer science, electrical, mechatronics engineering or similar
- Have a strong interest in Embedded Software Development that you have either acquired through studies or own projects
- Have good knowledge in Embedded C-code
- Have good knowledge in Matlab/Simulink/Embedded Code
- Have good knowledge in C#, Cloud, and IoT
- Fluent English in both speech and writing
- Have approved work permit
- And experiences in;
- Power electronics
- Functional safety
- Marine and Industrial segment
It is meritorious if you have experience in:
- Working in a similar role and similar applications
- Experience of establishing and maintaining customer relations
- Experience of Linux applications
- Experience of PC application development
- Start: Immediately
- Work extent: Fulltime, flexible working hours Monday-Friday
- Location: Enebyberg, Danderyd
Our selection process is continuous and the advert may close before the recruitment process is completed if we have moved forward to the screening or interview phase.
As an employee at Nira Control, you are offered
- Be a part of a company that was among the first movers offering configurable engine management systems for combustion engines that are now evolved including all new technologies coming up such as alternative fuels, hybrids, and electrics. Further, the company’s product portfolio has expanded to include Vessel Control system and Nira EST (End of Line and Service Tool).
- A great opportunity to join a company that’s expanding and can offer you a real challenge in your career
- Great occupational pension, wellness grant, and private healthcare insurance
More information about the employer
Read more about Nira Control here