As one of our customers - Nira Control is growing rapidly, right now they need more Engineering wizards! Are you the one that has good knowledge and genuine interest in both hardware and software development or just one? Either way, Nira needs you!
Has been founded in 1985 as Nira Automotive. Their specialty was electronic control systems for the automotive industry and for demanding industrial applications. At the beginning of the 90s, the close cooperation with Volvo AB and Volvo motorsports resulted in a partnership where Volvo Technology Transfer (VTT) became the majority owner. In 2006, Nira Control AB acquired assets from VTT to continue the path on their own to maintain a leading role in flexible engine management systems.
Projects and products have since then evolved to include advanced electronic control units for diesel engines, natural gas engines, electric motors and vehicle data networks with customers ranging from start-ups to global industrial companies. 2022 is an expanding phase with both new products and new customers.
As an employee at Nira Control, you are offered:
- Be a part of a company that was among the first movers offering configurable engine management systems for combustion engines that are now evolved including all new technologies coming up such as alternative fuels, hybrids, and electrics. Further, the company’s product portfolio has expanded to include Vessel Control system and Nira EST (End of Line and Service Tool).
- A great opportunity to join a company that’s expanding and can offer you a real challenge in your career
- Great occupational pension, wellness grant, and private healthcare insurance
What you'll do:
In terms of Software, "Nira" is looking for engineers with a keen interest to create software models. You are going to work with customers and applications thru out the world, but the main market today is the EU, US, India, and Great Britain. You will help your customers from specification via prototyping, certification to mass production.
Example of work tasks:
- Develop specifications in collaboration with HW- and Application engineers
- Implement functionality in C-code/Simulink models
- Develop and perform functionality tests during the development cycle both in the lab and on customer application
- Make SW releases
- Document strategies (software design descriptions, handbooks, etc.)
- Responsible for delivering agreed product on time with the correct scope
To be a successful Software Engineer at Nira Control you must have an interest in getting to know your clients and the clients’ applications. Working “hands on” validating the systems. Sometimes it’s advantageous to meet up with the clients to implement the products which means that travelling is expected.
As a perfect candidate you have:
- strong interest in Embedded Software Development that you have either acquired through studies or own projects
- good knowledge in Embedded C-code
- good knowledge in Matlab/Simulink/Embedded Code
- fluent English in both speech and writing.
Also, some "Nice to haves":
- Working in a similar role and similar applications
- Experience of establishing and maintaining customer relations
- Have good knowledge in C#, Cloud, and IoT
- Experience of Linux applications
- Experience of PC application development
- Experiences in: Power electronics \ Functional safety \ Marine and Industrial segment
As a person you are:
Don't hesitate to apply!