As one of our customers - Nira Control is growing rapidly, right now they need more Engineering wizards! Are you the one that has good knowledge and genuine interest in both hardware and software development or just one? Either way, Nira needs you!
Has been founded in 1985 as Nira Automotive. Their specialty was electronic control systems for the automotive industry and for demanding industrial applications. At the beginning of the 90s, the close cooperation with Volvo AB and Volvo motorsports resulted in a partnership where Volvo Technology Transfer (VTT) became the majority owner. In 2006, Nira Control AB acquired assets from VTT to continue the path on their own to maintain a leading role in flexible engine management systems.
Projects and products have since then evolved to include advanced electronic control units for diesel engines, natural gas engines, electric motors and vehicle data networks with customers ranging from start-ups to global industrial companies. 2022 is an expanding phase with both new products and new customers.
As an employee at Nira Control, you are offered:
- Be a part of a company that was among the first movers offering configurable engine management systems for combustion engines that are now evolved including all new technologies coming up such as alternative fuels, hybrids, and electrics. Further, the company’s product portfolio has expanded to include Vessel Control system and Nira EST (End of Line and Service Tool).
- A great opportunity to join a company that’s expanding and can offer you a real challenge in your career
- Great occupational pension, wellness grant, and private healthcare insurance
What you'll do:
In terms of Hardware, "Nira" is looking for engineers with a keen interest to create electronic control units. You are going to work with customers and applications thru out the world, but the main market today is the EU, US, India, and Great Britain. You will help your customers from specification via prototyping, certification to mass production.
- Develop specifications in collaboration with SW- and Application engineers
- Schematic design
- PCB layout design
- Develop and perform functionality tests during the development process
- You will also make design releases including: Schematics / Bill Of Materia / Component configuration / PCB design / Design verification / Documented design strategy (HW design descriptions, calculations, etc.)
To be a successful Hardware Engineer at Nira Control you must have an interest in getting to know your clients. Sometimes it’s advantageous to meet up with the clients to implement the products which means that travelling is expected/possible.
You are a perfect match if you:
- Have a relevant university degree e.g. within computer science, electrical, mechatronics engineering or similar,
- Have a strong interest in electrical engineering that you have either acquired through studies or own projects, working in a similar role within a company in the automotive industry would be a huge plus,
- Have good knowledge in embedded system hardware development,
- Fluent English in both speech and writing,
- Experience of establishing and maintaining customer relations,
- As a person are: responsible, service-minded, thorough, solutions-oriented.
Don't hesitate to apply!