For one our tech customers, provider of CRM and Digital Marketing solutions, we are looking experienced Java Developers with knowledge of designing and working with Data Platforms.
In a typical day this role will be working in close collaboration with team members and other similar teams inStockholm, Malmö, Warsaw and Russia. The team has a dedicated Product Owner and Development Manager and its own backlog of stories and tasks. The team members participate in writing, grooming, prioritizing and working
together to bring it all the way to a scalable production deployment.
As part of the development team, you will support implementation of new features and solve cloud infra and engineering challenges in a modern, cloud-native, microservice-based tech stack based on Java.
- Be part of shaping our team’s development processes, system architecture, tools and practices to increase team velocity and developer quality of life, with extra focus on CI/CD pipelines and management of the teams’ complex cloud infra.
- Support and coordinate development with other dev teams in the organisation, especially the Cloud Engineering team, to ensure cross-team collaboration works smoothly
- Respond to disruptions and proactively work to prevent such from occurring in the first place. The position includes a weekly rotating on-call duty, which also includes additional time off.
- 6+ years professional development experience with a robust software engineering background including professional experience from software architecture / security / operating production systems
- Several years of experience with Java and hands-on experience with Java 11
- Professional experience with using Amazon Web Services and Docker in production systems
- Strong interest in working hands-on with managing AWS cloud infrastructure on a daily basis
- Creative and solutions-oriented, someone who enjoys tackling big challenges and is not afraid to learn new things along the way
- Strong sense of responsibility, someone who enjoys taking ownership of your work and who prides themselves on always delivering high quality
- Proven ability to write high-performant, maintainable code with strong elements of concurrency and complex data models
- Hands-on experience with Infrastructure-as-Code using CloudFormation
- Hands-on experience with Ansible
- Tech stack is microservice-based primarily in Java 11, Linux and Docker, with some additional microservices implemented in golang.
- All environments are hosted on AWS and architecture makes extensive use of services such as ECS, RDS/Aurora, S3, Athena, and all the AWS supporting services.
- Open source tools and frameworks are also extensively used, such as Presto
If you feel that this might be a good opportunity for you, don't hesitate to apply!